Bali is one of the best world tourist destinations in Indonesia. Moreover, many typical culinary that always makes us addicted. It always makes me miss and want to go back to Bali.
Bebek Betutu (Betutu Duck) is a cuisine of the Balinese pride. Usually made from ducks wrapped in banana leaves, then wrapped again with nut stem so that the meeting. Ducks are planted in holes in the ground and covered with coals for 6-7 hours until cooked.
- 1 duck, split the middle and wide
- 1 lime fruit
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 90 ml thick coconut milk
Ingredients for seasoning :
- 5 large red chilies, seeded, finely sliced
- 5 curly red chilies, finely sliced
- 5 cayenne peppers, finely sliced
- 10 cloves shallot, finely sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 2 lemongrass stems, take the white part, finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped kencur segment
- 2 ginger segments, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of grilled shrimp paste
- 2 galangal segments, roughly sliced, and compressed
- 1 grilled turmeric segment, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 8 pieces of toasted hazelnut, mashed roughly
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 3 pieces of lime leaves, remove the middle bone and finely slice
- 5 bay leaves, roughly torn
- salt, sugar and powdered broth to taste
- Prepare the duck, coat the surface with lime juice and salt until it is evenly distributed. Leave the duck for 15 minutes. Clean wash.
- Prepare a frying pan and heat oil. Add all the ingredients, saute until fragrant and cooked.
- Add salt, sugar, broth, and other powders (to taste). Stir well.
- Add the duck and coat the surface with stir-fried spices. Cover the pan and ground with low heat until it changes color and seasoning permeates.
- Enter 1/2 mixture of water and coconut milk, stir until coconut milk and seasoning are mixed evenly. Cover the pan tightly and cook until the water runs out.
- Turn the duck over, add half the remaining coconut milk, cover the pan and cook again until the water runs out and the duck is cooked.
- To find out if a duck is cooked to the inside, prick and tear with a fork. If not done, add water and cook until done.
- For maximum results, roast briefly in the oven. It can also be roasted on ember or grill on the stove.
- Prepare a flat baking pan, cover the baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil. Place the chicken and all the marinade on aluminum foil. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes until the spices appear to dry.
- Remove the duck from the oven, the betutu duck is ready to be served
Thus the recipe for making bebek betutu, I hope you are pleased to try to cook it and present it to your family. If you have questions about seasonings and how to cook them please write them in the comments column.