One recipe for Indonesian cuisine that is always addictive is rendang Padang. Who is not familiar with rendang meat on this one, we all would already know how delicious and fragrant this cuisine.
Cooking beef rendang should use beef that has the best quality, and choose meat that is still fresh. Let’s try this very popular Indonesian cuisine recipe.
This cuisine is popular because of its unique and distinctive flavor. Then what needs to be prepared and what if you want to make rendang meat at home? Now the following recipe rendang meat that is easy and can be practiced at home.
Rendang originating from Minang, West Sumatra certainly has ingredients, herbs and a unique way of making.
So it is able to produce a special and delicious special rendang beef Minang recipe. There is no harm if you are free time or want to experiment serving delicious recipes this recipe can be tried.
The following ingredients, seasonings and how to make the typical Minang beef rendang recipe.
- Beef 1 kg, diced or to taste.
- Coconut milk 2 liters
- 4 pcs of Purut Orange Leaf and 2 pcs of Turmeric Leaf
- Kandis Acid 2 cm (Asam Kandis in Indonesian)
- Lemongrass 2 sticks, bruised
- Garlic 6 cloves and 12 onions
- Big red chili 250 gr and curly red chili 100 gr
- Nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Ginger 25 gr
- Galangal 25 gr
- Turmeric 25 gr
- Salt 2 teaspoons
- Cilantro 1/2 tablespoon
- Candlenut 5 items
How to Make Beef Rendang :
After the ingredients and seasonings are prepared, the next is how to make the meat rendang itself. The method is relatively easy and can be practiced by mothers at home. The following are the steps to make beef rendang :
- Blend the spices above, namely garlic, onion, chili, nutmeg, cumin, and other herbs using a blender or manually pulverized. For faster and smoother results it is recommended to use a blender only. But if you want a more delicious and delicious taste you should use a repeat or a mortar.
- Prepare a medium or large size stove and pan that has been oiled in it. Pour just enough oil, because it is used to saute the spices. We recommend that you prepare a pan in a large size or a minimum capacity of 4 liters.
- Add the spices and sauté briefly until it emits a fragrant aroma and then put the beef pieces into the pan.
- Next, put thick coconut milk, lemongrass, kandis acid, kaffir lime leaves and turmeric leaves into the pan. Stir in coconut milk and make sure not to break.
- Cook for about half an hour until the coconut milk boils over medium heat.
- When the coconut milk has boiled, reduce the heat and stir until the coconut milk becomes oily. Cook for about 1.5 hours. Make sure to always stir until the coconut oil is oily.
- If the taste is still not great or tasty, you can add salt and flavoring according to taste.
- When the coconut oil is greasy, reduce the heat of the stove while continuing to stir until the coconut milk thickens and the oil is absorbed by beef. Do it continuously for about half an hour.
- Remove the beef rendang from the pan and ready to be served. If you want a blackish rendang, you can add the grated grated coconut which has been finely ground and the oil comes out.
That’s how to make beef rendang, good luck, if you have questions, please write in the comments.