Indonesian specialties are very diverse with flavors that will make the lovers’ tongue satisfied. Indonesian cuisine has its own characteristics, one of which is culinary from South Sulawesi or precisely in Makassar which is known as coto Makassar.
Coto Makassar has a taste that is so delicious and delicious, and the sauce is tasty. The distinctive aroma will make everyone tempted to taste it.
To get this coto Makassar you don’t actually have to go far to Makassar, because you can make it yourself easily. How to make it quite practical and simple. Here we present the recipe and how to make coto Makassar.
Preparation : 60 minutes
Cooking : 40 minutes
Number of servings : 8 servings
Main gradients :
- 1 kg of beef
- 5 lemongrass stems
- 2,000 ml of white rice washing water
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 250 grams of peanuts
- 5 cm ginger
- 1 galangal segment
Ground spices :
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 8 grains of hazelnut
- 1 tablespoon of roasted coriander
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon of pepper granules
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Fried onion
- Sliced celery
- Sliced leeks
Prepare ingredients and seasonings :
- The first time you have to take steps is to wash the beef that you have prepared. Sowing lemongrass stems.
- Then fry the peanuts. If so, mash and puree. Gushing ginger and galangal.
- Blend all the herbs that have been mentioned as above.
- To get smoother results, you can smooth the seasoning by using a blender.
- If all the ingredients and seasonings are ready, then you can process them directly. Prepare a pan on the stove. Then boil the beef using rice washing water along with langkuas, ginger, bay leaves and lemongrass which have been crushed. Boil all ingredients until the meat becomes tender.
- When the meat is tender or soft, you can immediately cut it into cubes. If so, drain. Don’t throw the cooking water or broth out earlier.
- Prepare a frying pan on the stove with 3 tablespoons of cooking oil added. Let the cooking oil heat up. After heat, add the spices that have been mashed and sauteed until cooked or give off a fragrant aroma.
- After the spices are fragrant and cooked, you can turn off the stove and put the seasoning stir in the broth. Reheat the broth.
- Add the fried peanuts that you puree. Mix well and boil until boiling. If so, you can turn off the stove.
Servings suggestions :
- Prepare a serving bowl. Then add the leeks and celery slices, along with a little salt. Put in chunks of meat.
- Pour the broth into a serving bowl that you have prepared. Then, sprinkle on top with fried shallots.
- For more delicious results, you can add soy sauce and lime juice.
- Eat this Makassar coto in a warm state to make it more delicious.
To make the meat tender more quickly, you can use presto. If you add innards such as for example the heart, liver and others, then you should boil it in a separate place with meat stew using plain water. Thus the recipe and how to make coto Makassar. Enjoy and don’t forget to share or share this recipe with your friends.