Yogyakarta, a special city known as the city of students, always has a variety of uniqueness that attracts tourists. Not only its historic place, Yogyakarta is often a mainstay for people who want to take a vacation. If you hear the typical food of Yogyakarta, of course Gudeg is the first food that comes to your mind.
The special food of this student city does have its own uniqueness and special taste. Gudeg is a processed food made from young jackfruit. For the Jogja Gudeg recipe itself uses jackfruit that is not too old, but also not too young. Jogja Gudeg Recipe is also fairly easy and not too complicated.
But don’t worry, you don’t have to go to Jogjakarta to be able to enjoy this food. If you are a Javanese person, you will certainly not have any difficulties if you have to make warm at home, because the recipes and spices used are like Javanese recipes in general.
Here is the Jogja Gudeg recipe and the ingredients you need to make the warm Gudeg :
Ingredients and Seasonings :
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Pecan roasted 10 grains
- Roasted coriander 1 teaspoon
- Shallots 15 points
- 10 grains of garlic
- Pepper powder half a teaspoon
- Young jackfruit approximately 1 kg
- Coconut milk 2 liters
- 1 liter coconut water
- Galangal sliced indeed
- 5 bay leaves
- Boiled eggs (according to your taste)
- 200 gram palm sugar
After the ingredients above are ready, you can make warm in the following ways :
- Wash the jackfruit that you have prepared, then cut into cubes
- Boil the jackfruit a few minutes later drain
- Add boiled eggs, palm sugar and jackfruit that has been cut into the pan. Previously, you need to give a base to the pan with a few bay leaves prepared before, while on top of it is placed slices of galangal.
- Blend the spices then mix with half coconut water. Then stir well and pour in a pan.
- Pour the unmixed coconut water until the eggs and jackfruit are all submerged then cover the pan.
- Cook for about 2 hours on medium heat without opening the lid
- If the water has shrunk, set aside, and remove the eggs
- Pour coconut milk and stir while breaking pieces of jackfruit. Eggs are added again until slightly submerged with jackfruit.
- Cook again approximately 3 to 4 hours with low heat, stirring slowly.
- If the coconut milk has run out and warm feels reddish brown it means that the warm you made is ripe.
Tips for making Gudeg Jogja
- First, it helps you use an electric stove because when cooking with low heat, if you use a stove then the fire can die. Well, so that the fire produced is stable, it is better to use an electric stove to set 300 watts and cook for 7 hours.
- Second, because of the long time in cooking, you are better off using a pan with a thick base.
- Don’t use instant coconut milk, really coconut milk from old coconut. This old coconut is the secret of savory flavors created so that warm feels more perfect.
The special food with Jogja warm recipe is even more delicious when combined with krecek fried sambal and tofu chicken opor. Not easy enough to make this one food with the special Jogja warm recipe? The ingredients needed are not ingredients that must be obtained or found in Yogja, you can find them in your area and start trying to practice the recipes and some tips that have been explained above.
Well, there is no reason to experiment with the gudeg recipe described above, right? You can enjoy Yogja’s special food without having to go to the city and you can even create it yourself. So this article, good luck.
If you have questions, please write in the comments area, thanks you.